Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Schools Back

School's Back !!!!!!!

Hooorrrraaaaayyyy !!!!!!!

No I am not a horrible mother who can't wait to send her child into the arms of another to babysit teach them. However I am a working mother who is grateful to not be spending $60 p/d on top of the $70 p/d I am already forking out to have my daughter in daycare. I don't begrudge what daycare's charge, as I realise that anything we pay is still going to be much less than what we think our little darlings are worth. I just wish it didn't hurt my pocket so much :-)

Cheetah had a lovely first day of school. He is in the same class as a good friend of his (who also has a bit of a calming influence on him) and that makes me very happy. He has 2 teachers this year, one for 3 days, one for 2 days. He is learning japansese through the LOTE program. Hopefully Grannysaurus can remember a bit of her japanese, as I remember diddly squat & Cheetah would love to have someone to discuss his learnings with in an educated manner. I just sit there & go "uh huh".

He will be learning Clarinet through the school program this year. They were told today that they are expected to do 10min practice per day. Cheetah does at least 1/2 hour almost every day & sometimes he can go for an hour or more. I don't force anything, however I STRONGLY encourage at least 20 minutes. This isn't usually any problem at all.

Here are a couple of photo's of Cheetah all dressed up in his new uniforms. He may be grade 5 this year, but you still have to get the photo of everything looking new because once he has worn them once, they will never look the same again. God bless little boys :-)




Little Bear is a little overawed by her brother in uniform. Although Cheetah was the one getting all the attention that morning, Little Bear was only too happy to join in & give him some special attention too. She also loves to copy Cheetah & I think that is why she is looking at him in this photo, so she can make sure she is doing the same thing as him. After these photo's were taken, she insisted on going and getting some shoes on :-)
















Little Bear loves hats & Cheetah let her wear his school hat. It made her feel very important to be dressed up like Cheetah.


Only hitch to the day was that After School Care didn't have Cheetah's booking (although I definitely told them he would be coming). I also hadn't confirmed with Cheetah that After School Care was definitely back on, so this caused a bit of confusion that afternoon. Luckily the carers are very flexible & told Cheetah to come along as it was better to be at after school care even if he wasn't meant to, than to be waiting in the empty school grounds if he was meant to be in care. I picked him up that afternoon from after school care & cleared up the booking issue. This kind of thing would have freaked Cheetah out in Grade 1 (he was up at the office if me or Grannysaurus was even 5 minutes 'late' picking him up). Now he just takes it in his stride & figured I would find him eventually.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are so gorgeous. At last Cheetah is getting some well earned admiration from his little sister. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery they say.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww, so cute. <- that was for Bear.

Wow, He's handsome. <- This one is for Cheetah.