Friday, January 2, 2009

Paluma

Little Bear didn't even make it up there. Luckily she fell asleep quickly into the drive so got quite a rest in before we got there. That gave her plenty of energy to keep going through the afternoon.




Here is the one good photo I got of Cheetah in the car. It took me 1/2 dozen shots to get this one!



Little Bear & Cheetah standing at the base of a very big tree with buttress roots that are taller than Cheetah. It was very low lighting & the flash on my camera isn't the best so it is hard to see just how magnificent the tree is, but anyone who knows the Australian rainforest will know what I am talking about.







Both of these shots show Little Bear walking with her daddy. It was a 1.5km walk & she did about 1/3 of it herself (including a lot of steps). Mummy got to carry the very heavy bag & the camera. At least the bag didn't wiggle !!!


In this photo I was attempting to capture how beautiful the rainforest was on this particular day. It was very cloudy & you could only see a few meters in front of you. This particular shot was looking along a path towards a clearing. It was similar to how people imagine looking into heaven. A path that led towards the light. In real life, the pillar in the photo was not so noticeable, nor were the trees around you. They all kind of melted into the fog. You could see them, but they were hazy. It really was very beautiful.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

When we went to Mackay in 1984 for Aunty G's 21st, I fainted in a Kmart store and hit my head very hard as I fell. (You may remember the drama) In my unconsciousness which lasted several minutes, I was dreaming exactly that sort of vision. I was in a beautiful forest, but in the distance there was a brilliant clearing. I wanted to go towards the clearing, but instead I woke up lying on the floor with strangers all around me. Ugh! I've always wondered if it was just a dream or one of those visions.