Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cheetah's Photo's

A few days ago, Cheetah left to visit his Nanna in Newcastle. He & Cousin T flew together as unaccompanied minors, both for the first time.

A few days before flying, Cheetah had watched the Aircrash Investigation show & before I turned up at the airport, he had been filling everyone in on how dangerous microbursts can be. (Grannysaurus had taken Cheetah to the airport, as I had to work that morning. I met them there). As microbursts are formed when a storm forms, the fact that the weather was pelting down rain & visibility was not great (at least for those of us without inbuilt radar), I don't think this topic of conversation inspired confidence. In the end I had to ban any further talk of microbursts for now.

Prior to packing his camera for the trip, I uploaded all his photo's taken so far onto my computer. I accidentally forgot to tell Cheetah this. When he spoke to me a couple of days after they got there, I mentioned this fact. "Ooohhhh, THAAAAAAANK YOOOOOUUUU !!!" was the response. I kept talking & about 4 more times in a very short conversation, I continued to be thanked. Cheetah then told me that he had gone to show Nanna or Aunty J his photo's but there were none there & he thought he had accidentally deleted them. I then apologised profusely for the poor little chappy thinking he had deleted all his Christmas photo's but he kept thanking me anyway. I don't think I deserved that but it was sweet.

I told him I would blog some of his better photo's so that he can still show the rellies - so here they are:

Little Bear on Christmas day. This was actually Lion's present, however that didn't stop Little Bear. I have another photo of all the boys playing with her doll & pram in a circle while she looks on from the outside (may have even posted it earlier, but couldn't be bothered checking right now).

















Dragon on Christmas day with his Christmas hat & taking the new baby (doll) for a walk in the new pram. Dragon loved this present of Little Bear's so much, that Grannysaurus has now bought a dolls pram for her place especially for Dragon.

















Cheetah on Christmas night (obviously he didn't take this photo, but it was his camera).

















Wolf & Lion on Christmas night.

















Cheetah took this photo of us at a lookout at Paluma the weekend after Christmas. Cheetah wanted to take one of us, but when we tried to get a second one with him in it, using the timer feature on his camera, Little Bear wouldn't play the game anymore, so unfortunately it didn't happen.















I have to tell you another funny story about Cheetah & flying. The first time we went to take him on a plane after the September 11 attacks, he was about 3ish (he was 2 when the attacks happened - he had flown the Christmas before 9/11 without a problem). For weeks leading up to the flights he had shown more and more apprehension as it grew closer to our departure day. We had tried to find out what was bothering him, without putting ideas into his head (eg. we didn't ask him if he was afraid of the plane crashing because then that would just get added to the list of things he was afraid of). Finally on the day of our flights, I think it was my sister who was talking to him about it. She managed to get out of him that he was scared about something scaring him on the plane by jumping out at him.

At this point, I had to laugh. There was a quit smoking ad on TV where a human dressed up as a cigarette jumped out at a smoker from the cabin baggage compartment. Turns out that all this time, he was scared of a man sized cigarette jumping him on the plane. Once we explained that this was just make believe, he was satisfied & we flew that day without any problem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheetah had asked me to download them on my computer on the morning he was leaving. When we couldn't find the right cord I didn't even check his camera, otherwise we would have realised and asked you straight away. What a pity. Poor little guy. BTW you didn't post his all time favourite picture that he took of you. I bet that would have been the main one that would have upset him if they were really lost. He was telling me about it again the day he left.

Anonymous said...

Great photos Cheetah!

I can't wait to see the photos from your trip!