Friday, January 9, 2009

Clarinet Practice & Little Miss Independance

A couple of days ago I heard Cheetah playing his clarinet & thought that I should get a photo of him, if for no other reason than the complete drought of cheetah photo's lately.



I walk in & here is how he was practicing that day...
















And here is a closeup just for fun. He knows he isn't meant to puff out his cheeks like that, but it takes a lot of effort for him not to & he's still working on that.







This is Little Bear yesterday. We taught her "No More" (ie. when she's had enough of Daddy tickling her).



It is meant to be said with a stern looking face & the index finger pointed at the recipient.



When we were teaching her, of course we were pointing at her. Perhaps that is why her take on the whole thing looks like this?





And finally to today....





I helped her put her shoes on, but clearly it wasn't what she wanted.





Shortly afterwards she had them on to her satisfaction.



What gives away the secret that this child dressed herself today?



Is it....

* The garden shoes with the pretty lacy dress?

* The bright yellow hat with the pretty lacy dress?

* The combination of all three?

* The look on her face (doesn't she look proud of herself)?



NOPE





Take a closer look ...











"But Mum... I like them like that!"



(And she must, because I helped her get them on the right feet & she didn't like that & changed them & everytime - and I mean everytime - she does it herself, they end up on the wrong feet).


























4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my little darlin'

Dragon has always been fine with his clogs on the wrong feet and until recently wouldnt change them. Lion wouldnt notice if he did it himself like he noticed with outer shoes getting uncomfortable but if I pointed it out he would change them. Dragon has a bit more of a stubborn streak... you know, just in case you havent noticed :)

Anonymous said...

I've worked out that when your's or any blogs I visit say (through feedjit) that they have had a visit from Brisbane, it is usually me. It's because I didn't give a town, just 'North Queensland'. The fact that Brisbane isn't in NQ has not registered with feedjit.
By the way, aren't my grandkids the cutest? No wonder I love 'em.

Anonymous said...

ah, very familiar with the clarinet practise technique.

Anonymous said...

My little sister's often put their shoes on the wrong feet too!!!