Friday, April 17, 2009

No more

Today Little Bear attended kindy for the first time on a Friday.

Today was the only day I will get with my husband at work & the two kids in care.

Today I worked like a madman in our garden to try & tidy up the garden beds which became manically overcrowded by all the weeds over the wet season. (Which is now pretty much over) until Christmas time next year.

Today I filled up the trailer & a garden waste bin full of weeds & there is another trailer load of weeds lying on the lawn for their chance to go to the dump.

Today I received an invitation to a Diva party that one of our neighbours is holding for our neighbour who'se house burned down. All the profits will be donated to that neighbour (although she doesn't know it yet). Normally I don't like going to these types of things where there's a heap of people I don't know. This time though it will be mostly neighbours & since I am too shy to meet them any other way this will be a great opportunity to meet & greet while supporting a very worthy cause.

Tonight marks the end of today & a very tired mummy is going to drag herself off to bed. I will take photo's of some of my handiwork in the next couple of days (nothing flash, but very neat & tidy again). I know you can hardly wait.

3 comments:

Mummy McTavish said...

I'm gonna have to think up something REALLY good for next friday after we drop Lion at kindy... Dragon will not be pleased if we don't go to visit little bear. He was a bit put out today and did mention a few times later that Little Bear wasn't there. Still, he had Aunty Chimera all to himself I reminded him, he was happy with that.

Grannysaurus said...

I hope you're not being prophetic saying we'll have no rain till Christmas time NEXT year. Still the dam is full. We could manage it.
Shows how tired you were when you blogged.

Chimera said...

Sorry Mummy McT (or should I say Dragon?). We are going to be enjoying the peace & serenity of Rivers Edge Retreat next Friday.

Peace & Serenity with two children around ??? - Well maybe as close as it can get in the circumstances.

@ Grannysaurus - I wasn't saying we wouldn't get any rain (I don't think anyway - I was pretty tired last night) I was just saying the wet season is over where it just rained almost constantly & it wasn't any point weeding because the weeds would grow back within a couple of weeks. At least now I have a fighting chance against them.