This is the bit everyone hates about camping (except maybe the kids).
When we camp, we set up a large tarp over the top of the tents. This means there is usually no need to set them up again when we get home to let them air out.
When there is a Category 4 cyclone 400 km away from your campsite, that changes things a tad.
After getting home, we had to set everything up, clean it up, put it away again that night (it only took a couple of hours to dry) & go to work the next day.
Under our house was not spared. There were camping ropes, poles, bags, helmets, bikes, esky's, & a ton of wet clothes.
For a week I had to stand in the trailer to hang the washing up under the house because it took us that long to finally clean the last of it up.
Still, it was a good weekend & I would do it again.
( ...maybe next year)
Mopping up the remains of my mind.
9 years ago

3 comments:
The thought of putting all of those tents, etc, up and down makes me tired. I'm so glad that I'm staying at a B&B at Lake Eacham over Easter. We are going to swim (heated pool), bush walk, birdwatch and animal spotting and take lots of pics. I nearly forgot - and veg out!
The unpacking once back home is always the worst part of camping - especially if you have to put up wet tents at home!
Cheetah was hoping you would sleep in the tents again that night too!
Post a Comment