For your viewing pleasure, this is what the weather is like every day lately.
Actually these video's are mind deadening a bit boring but they give you an idea of what it is like to live in North Queensland during the wet season.
In the first video, I was trying to capture how full & slightly cloudy coloured the pool is. Hard to see through the window, but you can see the puddles in our gravel driveway & the big puddle in the gutter.
In the other videos, it is hard to see just how deep the water is in the yard, because the grass is so long because of the constant rain. You can also see the HUGE weeds that have invaded every single garden bed (we don't get a lot of time to garden, but our yard rarely looks like an overgrown vacant block as it does at the moment).
No Crocs in our pool yet, but given that we are starting to turn into the river of Townsville instead of the City of Townsville & croc's are beginning to end up as Road Kill, it probably won't be long. Then again, as they don't have opposable thumbs, they probably won't be able to get past the childsafe latch. Maybe they'll just take up residence in the puddles under our house!

5 comments:
Hope the weather changes soon. (though the forecast doesn't go with that thought). Loved the sound effects in the third video of the frogs, squelching and car spraying up the puddles.
Sorry to see how soggy it is though.
@ Sandra
I love the frogs & was so pleased they began their chorus on queue.
They drove me nuts when my daughter was a newborn because they would start up at dawn on rainy mornings. Now she sleeps through it so I do too.
I don't mind the rain. Usually it's preferable to the heat. I just like the trucks to be able to get through so I can keep buying fresh milk & vegies.
(2nd biggest city in Qld & yet we still get cut off in the wet sometimes)
Oh how I wish we could have some of that rain!
We had a summer storm over a week ago, but only 9mm.
Okay, being the sister I can give my honest response.
Dull as dirt.
Put those kids in it!
But I did like the frog soundtrack. That is what I am listening to here at the moment. Along with the sloosh as the rain comes out the down pipes.
Dull as dirt is okay. Dull is what the weather is like so why not share the feeling any way we can.
Post a Comment