OK, the majority of my tampering is done & from now it will just be minor tweaking.
For those who have followed since the creation of my new blog, I have made some dramatic changes to the original template.
The background image for the posts is Suite No. 3 - Prelude from The Solo Cello Suites by Bach arranged for Viola. I would have liked to have put Prelude from Suite No. 1 simply as it is a much more recognisable piece, however my teacher wrote all over that one, so I picked the Prelude from Suite No. 3.
The Violin to the left is the one that came with the blog template, however I got quite creative with it in Photoshop & it doesn't look much like the original. I hope to replace this image with that of my own viola soon.
The viola & bow in the header is my own, as is the bow that seperates the posts, obviously modified - thanks to Photoshop.
It has been a bit of a process, because I have had to learn a bit of xhtml to modify the template to do what I wanted it to do. I learnt all I know from self-help sites on the web :-)
Please leave your comments about my new layout and be truthful. I don't want to keep it if no-one wants to read it !! I am particularly interested in whether it reads OK on smaller screens (mine is 1680 wide) as I know this was a problem from time to time with other layouts I have tried.
Mopping up the remains of my mind.
9 years ago

3 comments:
The new look is great, but since you asked for comments I must say I always find it harder to read white on dark background. But that's just me.
Looks good. The screen has to be just right for me to see the score in the background. I don't know why you didn't just use the music from that shirt??? HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahaha
I think I've been sick too long, I'm starting to think I'm funny.
Better not do anymore commenting on other blogs till I'm better. This has been the first one I've read in a few days.
I'm very impressed with all the editing and tweaking. It doesn't quite fit on my screen (eg) on the RH side it cuts off at "MY FANS AND FOLL" everything to the right of that is only visible if I pan across. But it is all there for me to read if I want to and that is the main thing.
Post a Comment