Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oh No - It's almost Monday !!!

Following on from my last post - it is back to work tomorrow & I still have much to do.

I have had a very productive weekend though.

Last night we went to Grannysaurus & Mr Sunshines place for Uncle Jingles birthday. Grannysaurus has some pictures on her blog if you want to check them out.

It was a nice night out & dinner was lovely (Grannysaurus cooked a roast dinner).

Unfortunately Little Bear got a bit carried away in all the excitement & while playing a game involving jumping off a step, little bear lost her balance & fell flat on the tiles, chipping one of her front teeth. Her mouth was a bit tender all night & still is today. She hasn't eaten as much as usual today & it took her about 15 minutes to eat a banana today (chopped up) which usually only takes her about 2 minutes (she loves "na-na").

She is a bit reluctant to show off her chipped tooth so I don't have any photo's as yet, but hopefully as it starts to feel better she will smile for the camera.

Today I have done a heap of the usual housework, however I have managed to cross off another couple of things from my list of "things to do before I return to work full time" (maybe I should shorten that to "To-Do by April").

One thing I have been doing in small bits & pieces is cleaning up all the stationery that was beginning to accumulate in Cheetah's room. The stuff I took out managed to fill a 48L plastic tub. I am trying to sort it out so that he can have what he needs back in his room & the rest can get tossed or stored in the appropriate places.

Today I worked on sorting out his colouring pencils. A couple of weeks ago, I put them all in one container & sharpened them all, throwing out a heap of bad ones in the process. Today I sorted what was left by colour & found that he had enough to fairly evenly fill 4 pencil cases so that each pencil case had an assortment of colours without too much doubling up or lacking of any particular colour.

That done, I just have to work out what to do with the other nine tenths of the stuff - Baby steps is what gets the job done though.

The other thing I did today was to sort Little Bear's baby photo's, putting a collection into a folder ready to be printed for scrapbooking purposes. She is 20 months old now & I have almost completed the first page of her baby book :-)

Now the trick will be keeping that folder updated as I take more photo's.

Thankyou to Mum-me & Queen Stuss who gave glowing reviews to fly-lady. I actually came across her website years ago & still go there from time to time for good ideas. My problem however is not so much my lack of ability or motivation to organise - it's my lack of time to do it & for a long time too, it has been lack of storage in this house. It really has been a case of shifting the mess from one place to another because there wasn't anywhere for it. It is extremely hard to keep a clean house when you can't even put all the towels away at once because there just isn't the space. At one point, the only wardrobe we had in the house was a kids wardrobe. Now DH & I have a built-in & so does Little Bear. Cheetah will be getting one soon as his room is the next to be renovated as soon as we have the money.

We are gradually overcoming the storage problem as we renovate, borrow cupboards & buy things like plastic boxes & other things to keep our stuff organised, but it will take time.

I now have to go & iron hubby a shirt for tomorrow, as because I was doing those other things, I haven't finished my ironing.

3 comments:

Grannysaurus said...

I was wondering how the tooth and lip were. Poor little darling. That's a long time to stay sore. I hope there isn't too much damage.

Susan said...

Make him iron is own shirt!!!

Mummy McTavish said...

Hope my baby girl is feeling better really soon. I've been wondering how she's going.