Yet another exciting day in the life of us.
OK, maybe not ... but it had it's moments.
Today it rained again ! Yesterday DH mowed most of our yard (it took him over 1/2 hour just to mow the footpath the grass was that thick & the ground that mucky). It looks a bit better, but because of the conditions, it also looks very interesting. Lots of brown muddy grass & some of the grass seems to be mown at different heights.
With the rain comes the black cockatoos and the ducks.
Today I witnessed a rather surreal moment. I had Mummy McT & Dragon in the car, as well as Little Bear, & we were on our way to pick up Cheetah from school. On a 4 lane road with a traffic island in the middle, the car two ahead of us suddenly stopped. Thankfully everyone was driving carefully (unusual in Townsville) & there were no crashes, but next thing a family of little ducks waddles out from in front of that first car. They made it safely to the traffic island, but some of the littlest had a bit of trouble getting up on the island. It was so cute watching them flap their wings & try to run & propel their fluffy little bodies over the step. They then slid down the sloping traffic island to the two lanes heading in the opposite direction to us. I am happy to report they made it safely across the road & into the gully on the other side. Let's hope the water really is wetter on the other side of the road & they stay there.
Unfortunately that incident happened so quickly that M.McT & I did not have time to even grab our camera phones to take a pic.
Here is something I did manage to capture though. Little Bear throwing one of her tantrums. There was about 2 seconds of crying followed by this....
(Sorry it's a bit dark. I don't have a video camera, only the video option on my regular camera).
Most of her tantrums at home are very similar. There is usually a bit of crying, sometimes screaming, and very very occasionally she might stamp a foot or two, but it almost always ends like this. What you don't see in the video is her crying as she lies herself prostrate on the floor, pulls her hands in & starts sucking her thumb, & then crawls her legs in towards her tummy so her bum is sticking up in the air.
In the shops it's a different matter. She can scream for as long as it takes to change Mummy's mind & as mummy doesn't give in to tantrums, that's a lot of screaming !!! I stood in line one time at the checkouts for 20 minutes with her screaming for at least 15 of them because the nasty mummy that I am, I wouldn't let her jump all over my fruit & vege's in the bottom of the trolley. (I tried to lift the bags out of her way, but she would grab them & actually put them on the floor of the trolley specifically to jump on them. Charming child).
Something that was much more charming than tantrums in supermarkets was Little Bear looking after her dolly at lunch time. My little girl is only a baby herself and yet she is so gentle & loving of her baby. She wraps the baby up in a blankie, pats the baby on the head, brushes her 'hair', kisses her (lots & lots & lots & lots), and makes sure that baby is well fed.
Today baby got given a bowl of Macca's fries. Little Bear is only 19 months old, but no-one else had anything whatsoever to do with this setup.
Much as she loves her baby, Little Bear quickly decided that she couldn't let baby gorge herself on all those chippies alone so Baby was lifted up to the coffee table to share with Little Bear.
Don't you think baby is looking very expectantly at that chippy?
Little Bear thought so too, so offers the next one to her.
"Chippies are all gone baby, but you can suck the salt of my fingers now"
(OK, so she didn't really say that, but she might have been thinking it)

5 comments:
I want another little bear cuddle!
That's a regular sight at the pond at the bottom of our hill. Once I had to stop and give some of the ducklings a 'boost' up the kerb because after all their brothers and sisters used them as steps the poor things couldn't get up themselves, and mama duck couldn't help either.
Unfortunately, duck road-kill is another common sight in our area too. Silly ducks have no road sense.
The doll eyeing the chip is a classic. No wonder little kids believe their dolls are alive.
Little Bear's hair is the most gorgeous gold colour when the flash lights it up, isn't it?
Adorable!
My little Riley has taken to sleeping with all her babies in her crib. She covers them all with a special blanket than wedges herself in next to them...
I've sure feeding them is not too far off.
And... the Super Bowl... I believe it's usually the first Sunday in February, but I forgot that Sunday was Feb. 1st... I thought we still had another week before the big game. So... I didn't really forget about the Super Bowl, I just thought it was the next Sunday.
Post a Comment