Sunday, November 1, 2009

Party Pictures

OK, I have given Mummy McT a week to be the first in with the birthday photo's but as she hasn't done it yet, I'm not waiting any longer.

Here are some photo's of our lovely day at the park last weekend, celebrating Lion & Dragon McTavish's birthdays.



This is Uncle Romeo & Aunty Juliet playing with Cheetah on whatever this aparatus is called. It was funny to watch because the combined weight of Aunty J & Cheetah was still barely enough to lift Uncle R.


I love this photo. I never got one of them all smiling & looking at the camera, but at least in this one they are all very happy. Such a close family!





This is one of Mummy McTavish's quite famous birthday cakes. Green coconut icing for grass & crushed flake for dirt. You can't see the back, but Lion had been getting stuck into all the dirt the construction men had dug up & dumped down the back of the cake.
BTW - Nobody was turning 53. Lion was 5 and Dragon was 3.








This is Great Grandma chillin in the shade with little Monkey. I took about 10 photo's & Monkey only had his eyes open in 1 (and his hands in front of his face for that). As soon as I put the camera down, he opened his eyes & kept them open.
















Cousin Wilbie & Cousin E were there. Cousin E is actually mine & Mummy McT's cousin, but she is the same age as Cheetah.













Now when Mummy McT told me the boys were having 2 parties, one for family & one for friends but I (well actually the kids) were invited to the friends party too if we wanted, I declined the invitation because I said if Little Bear keeps to her track record, we were due for another fever the weekend of the friends party (ie. this weekend).

Sure enough, this morning she had a slight temperature & it has been slowly going up all day.


She didn't have any lunch today but still had her bottle at lunch time. I gave her some panadol for the temperature & then she got an oven mit, placed it on the floor & lay down on it. Not sure why she chose to get off the couch to lie on the floor - perhaps the floor boards were cooler? When she gets sick, she gets very whingy and she starts to get shiny dark circles around her eyes, even before her temperature has gone up much. She also starts waking up through the night before she gets the temperature so we kind of suspected since Friday night that this was coming.



Wish the doctor was here so I could tell him "I told you so". But I'm sure I'll get my chance. In the meantime, we will be getting blood tests done tomorrow morning so please keep Little Bear in your thoughts & prayers. I'm sure it is not going to be a pleasant time.




4 comments:

Smilie girl said...

Lovely photos of the party. It is great that the cousins get on so well.
Poor little Bear. I hope you can get a bit more info this time around and knock it on the head.
How are you recovering from your tonsillitis?

Chimera said...

Still have a sore throat even though I am almost finished my second round of antibiotics. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse again once the antibiotics are finished. Other than that I am much better now.

Grannysaurus said...

Little Bear is such a worry. Give her plenty to drink tomorrow so those little veins don't threaten to collapse and cause more hassles. I'll make sure I have some after-nasty-needle treats ready for her. If she's off her food she might not care for treats anyway. We might have to settle for hugs.

Mummy McTavish said...

Geez, that oven mit looks comfy :)

I did post pictures on monday last week. Admittedly all of my children but they are photos from the party none the less.