Monday, November 2, 2009

When is a fever not a fever?

Just to update you on Little Bear.

Perhaps all those prayers worked a little too well (if that's possible).

Today she still has a temperature (around 37.5) but it was not high enough to keep her home from kindy & definitely not high enough to justify turning her into a human pin cushion when the likelyhood is that this is just a cold. Her temperature hasn't gone down, but at the moment, it doesn't seem to be going any higher either so I will wait & see what happens overnight.

I really don't want her to be sick, but I am dreading these blood tests (having gone through an agonisingly traumatic experience - for both of us - when Cheetah was 3) & I just want to get them over & done with & get some answers. The longer it takes, the more anxious I am getting about the whole testing procedure.

2 comments:

Smilie girl said...

That is quite a tricky balance isn't it? You don't want her sick but you want some answers. Praying for you that you'll get some answers soon somehow.
Nathan's little episode over the weekend really made me feel for you having that as an ongoing thing. I think he had a vomiting bug, probably not from over eating, as I quizzed him on that. He went to bed last night with a temp of 40 after panadol and neurofen in the hours beforehand. And he woke this morning right as rain. If only it was that easy for Little Bear!

Mummy McTavish said...

my poor baby girl. give her a great big hug from me!