I was back at the doctor again today, this time for myself.
I think I have tonsillitis. The doctor never actually confirmed this (or denied it). He told me that my tonsils are inflamed & that I have an ulcer on my uvula (DH asked if I had to bend over for him to see that - DH is lucky I had the self control to not throw my shoe at him).
He has given me antibiotics for it. I feel like I am swallowing razor blades at the moment so I hope they kick in soon.
What I have is different to what Little Bear has. Her tonsils looked fine & I haven't had a fever like she did.
While I was at the doctor's, he told me that Little Bear's test results came back inconclusive. There was something there, but not very much & they couldn't get anything to grow on a culture. This means we have to do another wee test as soon as she gets another fever, while she is NOT on antibiotics & before it goes to her chest.
The doctor said "if" she gets another fever. Considering we have had at least 9 episodes of this thing since June, I say "when" not "if". Antibiotics haven't got rid of it in the past, I am doubtful that they alone will do anything this time.
The doctor still wants to see her again on Monday, so I might talk to him about getting other tests done as well as the urine test next time she gets sick. I really want to find out what's making my baby sick (& stop it), and I don't see how an inconclusive urine test could be bad enough to give her 9 episodes of very high (over 40 degrees C) fever in the last 4 1/2 months. Especially as each time it is getting worse & this chest infection doesn't seem to be clearing up as quickly as the last one, even though she is on two types of antiobiotics this time.
Mopping up the remains of my mind.
9 years ago

2 comments:
Of course the inconclusive test for LB could mean that the lab test was faulty not that the infection itself is inconclusive. At least it is being followed up and a process of elimination (unintended pun) has begun.
Poor you and poor Little Bear! Hope your throat infection eases up soon, they are a pain in the neck :) Good for you for sticking up for Little Bear, you'll get to the bottom of it soon.
Post a Comment