Poor Little Bear is sick again.
Every 2-3 weeks since the start of June she has come down with a high fever that lasts 3 days. Initially Panadol seemed to keep it under control, but each time she catches it again it is a little bit worse. Last night Panadol wasn't doing much at all. She had a temperature of 39 an hour after taking Panadol.
A month ago she had this & it turned into a chest infection. 2 weeks later, just as she took the last dose of antibiotics, she came down with the fever again but it only lasted a day (I guess because of the antibiotics). This time (2 weeks later again) she is starting to sound very chesty so I am hoping it doesn't go to her chest again.
When she gets really high temperatures, she throws up. We were able to prevent this by setting our alarm to go off every 4 hours in the night to give her the next dose of Panadol. Now that the Panadol isn't working as well, we were still up all last night cleaning up vomit & consoling Little Bear.
Whatever she has doesn't seem to be contagious because not one time that she's been sick has anyone else seemed to catch it from her.
I feel so frustrated & helpless. We've been to the doctor countless times, but because it's just been a virus, they haven't been able to do anything (except when she caught the chest infection). I will probably take her again tomorrow but I am hoping that they will order some tests to see if there is something else going on. I don't want them to poke my baby with needles, but I don't want to see my baby so sick either.
Mopping up the remains of my mind.
9 years ago

3 comments:
The poor wee thing. I think it would be good to press the issue with the doctor and see what, if anything, is behind all this. Maybe her resistance is just a bit worn down at the moment.
Have you tried alternating Nurofen and Panadol to bring the temps down? I do feel for you all. It's no fun being sick.
Get better soon Little Bear.
My poor sweet baby girl :(
You can give nurofen and panadol at the same time aparently. Nurofen helps the aches and pains more and panadol is for the temp but the catch is nurofen is every 6 hours and panadol 4 so it gets confusing... The couple of times we've been bad enough to need them together I've had the little whiteboard going with the last time I dosed for each one.
I hope they can figure out what's wrong without a needle... she's the same age Dragon was when he needed his blood taken... it wasn't nice.
We'll have a visit if she needs cheering up tomorrow :)
We'll definitely be home tomorrow.
Post a Comment