You know that sinking feeling you get when you suddenly realise you haven't heard your child for a couple of minutes.
This evening I had dragged out the pots & pans for bear to play with (noisy but it keeps her occupied & beats the sound of crying). I was around a corner & when I realised it had been silent for just a little bit too long I walked around the corner to see this...
Little Bear upon realising that she was unattended snatched the opportunity to open this drawer (which she knows she isn't allowed to touch) and I walked around the corner to see her pulling ziplock bag after ziplock bag out of the carboard boxes that hold them (kind of like the tissues come out of the tissue box). She had already emptied the smaller box on the right & was just pulling the last few out of the bigger box in front of her. I grabbed the camera but when I came back she had realised that she had been caught & was trying to stuff them back in.
It's a pity I missed catching the look on her face as she was pulling them out, because it was priceless. She looked absolutely enthralled by the seemingly endless supply of little bags. The photo below was taken by Mummy McTavish (who is bear's aunty, not mummy... confused?) and she has a very similar look on her face in this photo.
This was taken while Mummy McT was keeping bear occupied (that's Dragon in the background) as I was doing housework to prepare for a tupperware party which I was hosting for Mummy McT. At this point in time I actually had my head inside an oven from which I was trying to clean off years of baked-on, burnt, black bits of who knows what so that I wouldn't gross everyone out when I cooked homemade pizza in it that night.
Although it looks like bear is dressed in her pyjama's, it was actually a fairly cool morning & after I had dressed her in a lovely little dress & leggings, she had a drink of water & pulled the top of the cup off with her teeth while holding it upside down. Her warm leggins survived this first onslaught but then of course she then saw the puddle on the ground and stepped in it & proceeded to run away from me leaving fresh little footprint shaped puddles behind her. Being a friday, I had a weeks worth of washing stacked up & the only clean warm outfit was this one.
This photo is of dragon & bear trying to be good & as you can see by their eyes it is very hard work. I'm also sure that when Mummy McT poured the drinks she intended the straw cup for the older dragon & the sippy cup for the younger bear. I think dragon actually snaffled the sippy cup in another case of trying to prove that "I'm the Baby" .
After all this hard work by everybody involved the Tupperware party was a fun night, the pizza tasted great & Mummy McT made a bit of money (I hope - because the rest of us sure lost a bit).
I bought the rest of my pantry containers (I have 'done' half my pantry & still had half to go) & got my free antarctica containers which will make my freezer look as organised as my pantry (well that's the plan anyway).
I love this photo because in the big version you can see each eyelash on Little Bear and her eyes look so beautiful. Her hair has a bit of the mad scientist thing going on, but as you can see from other photo's, that just her!
Like the saucepans, the bubbles are another great way to occupy her for 5-10 minutes, just long enough to do something like the washing up. (I have a dishwasher, so my handwashing only takes 5-10 minutes). She loves to put the bubbles in her mouth & they must feel funny on her tongue because she gets this look on her face like they are tickling her. Although I don't think the bubbles would taste that good, at least the detergent I buy doesn't have some of the nasty chemicals of other brands.
Mopping up the remains of my mind.
9 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment