As previously mentioned, Cheetah is learning Clarinet at the moment & I think he has had about 4 lessons and is doing extremely well for the number of lessons - but keep that in mind... only 4 lessons.
Tonight Cheetah announced to me that his teacher has put his name down for a clarinet solo at the end of year concert.
Now this concert is no small thing, it is a huge event, held at the Civic Theatre, that only the odd numbered grades take part in because it was far too big the first year when every grade took part. Children from the other grades only take part if they make up part of the choir or orchestra. (even with only half the school it still takes about 3-4 hours).
I pointed out to Cheetah that he has had 4 lessons & doesn't he think he might want to have a bit more experience at playing the clarinet before he commits himself to a solo in front of several hundred parents, all the teachers & half the students? His reply was "It's not 'till the end of the year Mum !!!"

3 comments:
Now that's confidence! Also a good way to keep encouraging the practising.
You go Cheetah, I hope I can come along and hear your solo!!! I know you'll do great!
@ Samster - You say that now .... - remember the first concert ?
@ Mum-me - confidence is not something that Cheetah lacks. The problem is he often overestimates his abilities and then we have to deal with Chernobyl when reality comes crashing down around him. But you're right about the practicing. Tonight he told me he wants to practice for an hour & 20 minutes (not sure why that long in particular though).
Post a Comment