Saturday, August 30, 2008

Busy days

If you wonder why there has not been any blogging since this time last week, it gives you some idea of how busy I have been.



Last Sunday I attended a Tupperware party at the Island. The ferry left at 11:30am, but to make sure we didn't miss it (note the tone), my sister picked me up at 10:30 (and we would have gone sooner if I had been ready, but they were even earlier than they said they were going to be). I can't really whinge about their punctuality though, when they were giving me a free ride there & back.



Anyway, we get to the island about 12ish and at this point had only shared a small packet of chips as morning tea (actually we shared 3 packets between 5 of us while waiting for the ferry). The host of the party picked us up from the ferry, but we didn't think to ask her about what we should do for lunch. She probably assumed we had already eaten, we didn't even think about it until it was too late. We made toblerone mousse at the party and then had a chocolate & a coke (as no chips/savouries on the 4:30 ferry home) for a belated lunch. The slightly turbulent ride home didn't help. By the time I made it home by 6:00pm I had a raging headache & felt too sick to eat (less from the bumpy ferry ride than the sickening food).



DH started his new job this weeks, so our week has been busier than usual as we adjust to this (he has been working later than he used to). He loves this job. They provided him with a laptop & phone before he even officially started. He then got a new digital camera (for the job), they bought him a weeks worth of new pants including dress pants & 'work' pants, as well as a belt that he LOVES (not sure what the attraction to a belt is, but it has a picture of a tractor on one of the metal bits. Who says boys never grow up??? I told him to make sure Lion McTavish sees it next time he comes over), and he also got some new work boots (although he told them that he gotten a brand new pair from his old job before he left that he had never worn. They asked him if those were leather? When he said no, they said get these ones as well).



Friday is ordinarily my "day off" (working mothers - & all mothers work - know that a "day off" means bill paying, running errands, doing things for everyone else that you don't otherwise have time to do, etc). Well this Friday gone, I took Cheetah to school & then didn't slow down until about 7:00pm and even then, I didn't stop until about 10:00pm. First I went to the Good Guys to pick up something that had already been paid for. The person who opened the door didn't turn the "closed" sign to "open" and there were a lot of people sitting in their cars (including Little Bear & I for about 20minutes) waiting until some old lady who probably couldn't read the sign through her cataracts walked up to the door & it opened. Next thing you know it's like the boxing day sales. Anyway, I finally get what I came for & leave.



Next stop is the McTavish Clan's household so Mummy McT can babysit while I get a filling. That was over relatively quickly & with numb mouth & aching jaw I head back to Little Bear. Although I could talk relatively normally while at the dentist (even when leaving straight after having the work done), when I tried to talk to M McT I was lisping really badly & sounding like I had been on the turps all morning. Anyway, as we have our brother's wedding next Saturday we had planned to do some shopping for the necessary gear. Found a couple of dress possibilities for Little Bear, a couple of suit possibilities for Cheetah & a dress for me (which was a nice dress but not exactly the kind of thing I was looking for). After dropping Dragon & Mummy McT back home at 2:00pm, I tried a few more shops as we still didn't have most of the dress essentials. No luck at those & feeling a bit frustrated (that word seems to be popping up a lot in my blogs lately), I picked up Cheetah, we went home for about 1/2 hour before having to trapse him off to Clarinet lessons. As I had Little Bear, I dropped Cheetah off & Little Bear fell asleep before I even pulled out of the carpark (it had been a HUGE day for both of us). Drove around for about 20 minutes before it was time to head back & pick up Cheetah.



Finally make it home & the house looks so messy & the dishes aren't washed & the kids clothes which had been washed & folded almost a week ago are still out & getting messed up because the only time I have to do that stuff is after they are in bed, my bed isn't made (which is not very common because no matter how bad everything else gets, I like to have a neat & tidy bed) I could go on but I won't. Anyway, it was FIL's birthday on Tuesday & the family has organised to go out to the RSL (at least I didn't have to cook).



Poor Little Bear was not well. She hadn't been great all day, but due to such a hectic day, she had gone downhill somewhat. She soldiered through dinner & we finally got her home to bed but she didn't sleep well all night (although we never actually had to get up for her).



After so many weekends filled with stuff, stuff, stuff, I would have liked to keep this one free, but it was back to the shops this morning, where I took Cheetah to get him a suit, I found the perfect dress and shoes for Little Bear & a great dress and shoes for me. Cheetah looks so grown up in his suit, I can't wait for the rest of the family to see him next week. Let's just hope we can get some nice photo's of him, where he isn't pulling a silly face. Cheetah was also very patient with me trying on lots of dresses (he even helped me pick out my dress & shoes & I ended up buying the shoes that he liked best).



DH got a haircut this morning, before Cheetah & I went out, and he came home with his fathers day present - a watch. He had to wait for his haircut & so he found a watch that he likes & bought it. They also gave him a discount voucher for engraving, so I can take it back sometime to have it engraved for fathers day. This afternoon he told me how much it cost !!!!!!! He had a good excuse though. He got a decent amount of money from his old job for the weeks of holidays he had owing. Most of that money is going towards bills, but as they were his holidays & he didn't get to take them, he felt it was OK that he splurges a little on something that he has been wanting for years & has never actually found a watch that he likes until now. I figure that's reasonable. I think the reason he never found a watch that he likes is that he wasn't looking at the most expensive ones in the shop at the time.



Anyway, this afternoon we went for a family walk to the beach & had some icecream there & came home. It was a pleasant way to unwind after a very full on week. My headache disappeared on this walk, but upon being home & cleaning up & cooking dinner & caring for a sick baby, I now have a headache again !! Time for bed I think !!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please note that the sister was the tupperware demonstrator and had she missed the ferry it would not have been good!!! make sure you check out Lion and Dragon's suits on our blog!!!