Friday, July 18, 2008

WHOA !!!

Little Bear has quite the imagination already & it is fascinating to watch her when she is in her pretend world. Last night she was playing around and from a standing position she suddenly sat down (keeping the legs straight & just plonking her bum down on the mat). She did this, looked at me & said "Whoa!!". Then she leaned back a little & said "Whoa", then she put her arms straight back behind her (leaning on them) and said "Whoa", then she went further back onto her elbows and said "Whoa". Finally she took her arms away and lay flat on her back looking at the ceiling and said "WHOOOOAAAAAAA".

I absolutely swear that I had not given her any of the 'special' cookies, or put anything in her formula. It is moments like those that I wish I had a video camera, but it was over so quickly I would have missed it anyway.

This morning we looked after Dragon while his mum went to look at blinds (see http://samster-dot-com.blogspot.com/2008/07/its-curtains-for-lion.html for why they need new ones). Dragon was a little sweetie all morning and played very well with Little Bear. Then his mum returned. All of a sudden he started his rough love thing, where he cuddles Little Bear but just about smothers her in the process, and he plays 'wombat' with her (which for the unitiated is where he crawls directly at her as fast as possible with his head down & head buts her), and generally just pushes, prods and pokes her in his rough but loving way until Little Bear has had enough. He was such a darling all morning and he really wasn't trying to be rough. In about a years time, I think Little Bear will be giving him a run for his money though. She fights dirty.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We managed to get everything for our blinds this afternoon after having no luck this morning. Little bear had better learn to fight back sooner than a year because Dragon is going to be HUGE in a year, and Little Bear I would say, will not.