Monday, May 11, 2009

How not to celebrate mother's day

Saturday afternoon my washing machine broke - on the first load of washing I had to do.

Sunday morning I didn't get a sleep in because I felt sorry for my hubby & agreed to sleep in on Saturday instead because he had a bucks party Saturday night.

Sunday afternoon I spent all afternoon & night doing washing (except for the couple of hours at Grannysaurus's place) & ironing & housework because I wasn't able to do it on Saturday.

With a mother's day like that, you wouldn't expect much from Monday would you !

This morning I went to work & upon arriving was notified that a retired colleague had passed away unexpectedly while on a holiday overseas. I used to work right beside this lady & she was a lovely person so that was a bit upsetting, however it is nice to think that she went quickly, didn't suffer & was doing something she loved when it happened. That's the way I want to go!

I am still hanging out for a blood test result that my doctor should have got by Friday, but still didn't have by this afternoon. The lab only just sent it late this afternoon so the doctor hadn't had a chance to look at it by close of business. - Hopefully tomorrow !

On the lighter side of life, my beautiful children made me feel like a princess. Little bear sung happy birthday to me all day (presents - birthdays - get it), I got some lovely home (or kindy) made things from both of them and a bracelet that Little Bear keeps stealing, saying "Princess" as she puts it on her own wrist.

As well as a couple of restful hours at Grannysaurus's place, eating Profitjer's & just chilling.

2 comments:

Smilie girl said...

I guess you just have to take what you can get. I'm glad you got made a fuss of by the children and had a lovely afternoon at Grannysaurus. I like the sounds of the Profitjer maker!
Hope your washing machine behaves itself and you get to sleep in both Saturday and Sunday next weekend. (you can dream)

Grannysaurus said...

I was going to make a comment about the profit-jer Freudian typo, but I'm biting my tongue errrr... biting my keyboard... Like I said once before we need some new idioms.