Hey folks,
Hopefully I will be back here soon with photo's abundant for you to see of all the going on's in this household since October 25 (my last blog). I knew it had been a while, but even I was quite surprised at just how long.
Since my last blog, I have barely touched my computer, being far too busy with many other things.
Shortly after I last blogged, Cheetah caught headlice! Oh dread !!! Anyway, we ended up taking the whole day off work/school/kindy to get rid of them. This was the first time we have had headlice in this family (although I caught them a couple of times as a child, but that was my mothers problem). I had no treatments on hand & as I discovered them in the morning, so had to wait until the chemist opened to get the treatment, then come home & apply it to Cheetah & Little Bear. Had it of just been Cheetah, not a problem, but we had to do Little Bear too. Then all the laundry that accompanied that - Yuck.
So one week later, kids are back at school/kindy & I do the second treatment. Found more live ones (is that supposed to happen?). Anyway next day send the kids to school/kindy & get a call from kindy that afternoon saying Little Bear is not well. Turns out she had a tummy bug. I hadn't even finished washing all the sheets from the headlice saga (not to mention the sheets from the second onslaught) & now I am changing Little Bear's sheets daily & both hers and my own clothes several times a day (for reasons best left unsaid).
OK, we get through that tummy bug & lo & behold I find more live headlice when we are ready to do the third treatment. I was pretty sure they were meant to all be dead by now. It is at this point that when discussing the drama's with a workmate, she casually mentions that she has never gone to the trouble of changing all the sheets & linen & worrying about the cushions, etc & they have never had any trouble getting rid of them. I fought the urge to strangle her in a moment of temporary insanity & we are still friends. Anyway, we finally get rid of the headlice (keep in mind it is about a month later that I feel comfortable to say that we are finally headlice free) when Little Bear catches a second tummy bug.
This weekend just gone (yes, a couple of days before Christmas), I finally finish the last of the accumulated washing, that dreadful reminder of that unpleasant episode in our lives. I have threatened my son with death if he even thinks about sharing his hat with other kids at school or borrowing theirs. No hat, no play !!!
On top of all this, of course there was Christmas shopping, Christmas planning & the inevitable Christmas parties (or birthday parties) that make every weekend from the start of November to New Years Day to be filled to capacity with activities of some sort.
Today we took a drive up to Paluma which is a mountain rainforest area where mobiles do not work. We did this to have some quality family time before DH needs to go back to work, but also to ensure that we were off everyone elses radar for a short while (ie. no unexpected or last minute visitors for just one day).
It was a beautiful day - very cloudy though which made it very sweaty walking through the rainforest even though the air was cool. We took a 1.5km walk of which Little Bear walked at least a third of that by herself (and for those who know the area, they aren't really 'rugged' walking tracks, but they are a challange, especially for an 18 month old).
Oh well, I need to go cook dinner now. Hopefully later tonight or in the next few days sometime I will be able to get some photo's on here. Don't hold your breath though :-)
Mopping up the remains of my mind.
9 years ago

3 comments:
Wow, you're back!
I sprayed all the sheets and pillows with that paralice and also retreated heads after only 4 days. that way eggs had hatched and hadnt layed new ones yet.
Yay! Castle in the air is back 'on air'.
Paluma was a good idea. I was wishing we'd done something like that. You didn't spot Uncle R And Aunty J as you passed Crystal Ck did you? They were camping near there.
Nope didn't spot R&J - but it was really busy & we didn't stop at Crystal.
Just after we ordered lunch, the resteraunt stopped taking orders for the next 45 minutes & even when we left the "Full House" sign was still up on their door.
Post a Comment