As promised, here is a bit more of what we have been up to since I last blogged.
In November, we began receiving heavy rain. It rained a lot when little Bear was born, but since then it hasn't really rained much here until recently. The first time it rained heavily, was at night. We came down the next morning to shin deep water running through under our house. Little Bear was fascinated, but as we had to get straight in the car to go to work/school/kindy there wasn't much time for discovery. It rained a bit more on & off throughout the day & when we got home, there were still puddles under the house. This time I let Little Bear loose.
At first she was a bit scared to get too close (she tries to push us away in the pool, thinking she can swim by herself, but was too scared to step in a puddle that barely makes it up to her ankles - go figure). When I showed her how to splash & jump in the puddles (there's no need to picture that - no really...) she quickly got over her hesitation & had a wonderful time (as you can see by this video).
In December it was Grandad's (AKA Mr Sunshine) birthday. I don't have many photo's of that & the only two that are half decent are these two.

I just love this outfit. I think Little Bear looks so much nicer in the really dark colours, as compared to the light 'baby' colours. And she always has, even as a new born.The boots are a hand me down from her 7 year old cousin & have a suede finish. The soles have been reglued, but apart from that no maintenance is necessary & they still look like new. Amazing!
All 4 grandchildren had a wonderful time running amok with each other, trying to outcompete each other in volume, antics & just general sillyness. I love the sign above Bear's head in the first photo - "Lead me not into temptation". The look on her face says butter wouldn't melt in her mouth doesn't it! Don't be deceived :-)
(When I was just typing that last sentance, my fingers started typing faster than my brain could keep up & I accidentally typed don't be DECEASED. As that is also equally good advice, I will leave it here).

The butterfly in this photo is a present from Cheetah's clarinet teacher for Little Bear. Little Bear was nothing but trouble at all those lessons, however the teacher still spoilt her.
OK, that will have to do for now, but stay posted for more photo's soon.
:-)

1 comments:
The photos are just gorgeous, but then so are the subjects. Did you remember that the rest of that needlepoint that said "lead me not into temptation" was "because I can find it myself"?
Post a Comment