Just thought I would ease everyone's minds & let you know that we are back from camping.
We had a great time but instead of packing up this morning, we packed up & came home late last night.
While we were away, we were blissfully unaware that there was a category 4 cyclone 200km east of us that is now a category 5 and about to hit the whitsunday coast today.
At lunchtime yesterday we needed to fill our gas bottle up & went for a drive into Ingham & that is when we found out about the cyclone. We were going to stay, but then we got a brief but heavy shower that caused Uncle J & Aunty M's tent to get a bit wet inside. That combined with the fact that it doesn't take much rain to close the highway up in these parts and Aunty M has an important meeting on Monday so we decided that for the sake of 1 night (as we usually pack up first thing in the morning), it wasn't worth it & we left.
I will blog more about our camping experiences soon, but for now I just thought I would let everyone know we are back safe & sound with just a few extra bruises, scratches & other injuries that are completely unrelated to the cyclone.
Mopping up the remains of my mind.
9 years ago

1 comments:
Hi,
Could you please email me at
possumfairy11@yahoo.com.au
It's about the 'Pay it Forward' thing!!
♥Possum Princess♥
Post a Comment