LB: Mummy, do I look boo-ti-ful?
M: You look absolutely gorgeous!
LB: Just like you!
Awwwww - I take back what I said the other day about selling her on e-bay.
LB (upon noticing my bedroom door was open): Mummy, I'm just going to go in here to buy a fat pig!
Not quite sure what to say to that one.
LB (seeing an ambulance drive past with lights flashing): Look Mummy, Fire Truck!
M: That one is an ambulance.
LB: An-nu-nanch
Cheetah: Not An-nu-nanch, Ambulance.
LB: NO Cheetah, Not An-nu-nanch, it's a An-nu-nanch
(of course Cheetah thought this was hilarious and the last two lines of that conversation was repeated for several minutes).
On another note, Joe our Cockatiel (yes Donut has a proper name now) has learnt to whistle for my attention (the whistle like a yankee hailing a cab). I'm trying to teach him to wolf whistle but only for me. We'll keep working on that one. I was quite impressed actually, that one day he was only making bird noises & the next day he was whistling & it was almost indistinguishable from our whistles. And he's only about 9 weeks old. Maybe that's normal for cockatiels, but I'm still impressed. At the moment Little Bear is listening to a Shaun The Sheep DVD so I am waiting for him to start whistling the theme song to that.
Mopping up the remains of my mind.
9 years ago

2 comments:
That reminds me of similar conversations we've had about ramps and wamps...
"Do you mean Ramp, Ralph?"
"Yes, Wamp."
... and most other words starting with R.
Clever Joe! That would be very cool to whistle the tune of Shaun the Sheep if it happened.
And Little Bear is as cute as ever.
Post a Comment