Sunday, September 13, 2009

God's Promise

GOD'S PROMISE

Author Unknown

God hath not promised skies always blue,

Flower strewn pathways our whole lives through

God hath not promised sun without rain

Joy without sorrow, peace without pain.



But God hath promised strength for the day,

Rest for the labour, light for the way

Grace for the trials, help from above


Unfailing Sympathy

Undying Love

4 comments:

Mummy McTavish said...

I love this song... it's based on a puritan prayer ("valley of vision", you can google that one so I don't leave a mile long comment here) I don't think I have the song anywhere around here but can get a copy for you if you want...

In the Valley

Words and music by Bob Kauflin
As recorded on Valley of Vision



When You lead me to the valley of vision
I can see You in the heights
And though my humbling wouldn’t be my decision
It’s here Your glory shines so bright
So let me learn that the cross precedes the crown
To be low is to be high
That the valley’s where You make me more like Christ

Let me find Your grace in the valley
Let me find Your life in my death
Let me find Your joy in my sorrow
Your wealth in my need
That You’re near with every breath
In the valley

In the daytime there are stars in the heavens
But they only shine at night
And the deeper that I go into darkness
The more I see their radiant light
So let me learn that my losses are my gain
To be broken is to heal
That the valley’s where Your power is revealed

© 2006 Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI).

Grannysaurus said...

I'll google MMcT's "Valley of Vision" now because I'm curious. I thought that was just a poem, but I'd like to hear it sung. Wayne Watson's song "Walk in the Dark" has a similar sentiment, beautiful lyrics and tune.

Mummy McTavish said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT8aTjVZHVI

Has the song.

Smilie girl said...

A beautiful poem Chimera. One I'll have to remember next time I'm having a hard time. Thanks for sharing.